Legal 500

“Bruno Herbots is applauded as ’offering insight that would not be obvious to clients”

“Many consider him [Bruno Herbots] a young star with the ‘X’ factor in construction and procurement law”


“Practice head Bruno Herbots handles all aspects of construction and public procurement law. Clients appreciate his inventive solutions as well as the international experience gained from a number of jurisdictions”

“A “charismatic legal strategist” who is “very well versed in contract law and always available,” according to impressed sources.”

“Commended for being readily accessible and pleasant to deal with”

“Bruno Herbots is recommended as ‘a hard-working lawyer who is always pushing for the best result’. Recent highlights for the team include advising the National Paediatric Hospital Development Board on the development of the National Paediatric hospital Project”

“Construction and Procurement Department Head, Bruno Herbots has experience in both construction and projects, having applied his ‘thorough, pragmatic and efficient work ethic’ to some of the country’s major PPP projects, particularly in the rail sector.”

“Top notch on construction and procurement matters.”


You should have the house examined by an architect, structural engineer or building surveyor, provided he or she is experienced in house surveying.  People sometimes get a friend who is qualified as an architect/engineer/surveyor to carry out a survey of a property for them sometimes without knowing whether this person has experience of house surveying or practises in an area which gives them the necessary know-how.  Others get a tradesman or builder who may or may not have the necessary know-how. A good builder or tradesman with the right experience is probably as good as most surveyors but would not normally furnish a written report and would not usually have professional indemnity insurance.

Our advice is to get a person who not just has paper qualifications but has the necessary experience as well.  Experience of problems in buildings over several years enables professionals who regularly carry out surveys to know what problems to look for in different types of houses If you ask a friend or a family member (whatever the qualifications) and they miss something serious, it may be very difficult to take legal action for your loss due to their negligence. The safest course is to use a professional who you could take legal action against without embarrassment.